Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Box

My dentist has a poster on the ceiling at his office. He put it there so his patients would have something to look at while they’re in the chair.

I think about it sometimes because it reminds me of myself. It’s a picture of a tiny kitten looking up helplessly from the bottom of large cardboard box. The caption reads,
“I’m much better at getting myself into things than I am at getting myself out of them.”

Maybe you can identify? Isaiah put it this way, "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way…." (53:6a)

Kittens, sheep, people. Sometimes there’s not much difference. No one plans to get himself or herself into a pickle (sorry…I like to mix metaphors), yet we all do at one time or another.

Many couples start backing themselves into The Box early in their relationship. Something happens and� ... (read more)

No comments: